Monday, February 26, 2007

The Monday Melee

And it's time for TheMonday Melee yet again.

1. The Misanthtropic: Name something you absolutely hate.
Knowing I haven't done a good job. I've spent all morning fighting to keep on top of things and just haven't been able to. I put it down to bad prioritisation and I'm pretty sure the boss isn't happy.

2. The Meretricious: Expose something or someone that’s phony, fraudulent or bogus.
The Smurfs. I used to love the show. So I randomly looked it up on YouTube and it's boring. And stupid.

3. The Malcontent: Name something you’re unhappy with.
My cat, for waking me up at 4:40am by digging the Sushi Nori out of my cupboard and having a merry party trying to get the stuff out of the packet. I don't care that I left the door on the cupboard ajar. What's worse is that if she actually does get into the stuff she just gorges until she vomits. Like a teenager with alcohol.

4. The Meritorious: Give someone credit for something and name it if you can.
Myself, for (yesterday) finally getting the entire house cleaned in one hit. Usually it's a process of room by room over a couple of days and then start over, but now I can treat myself to a couple of days of no hassle.

5. The Mirror: See something good about yourself and name it.
I'm proud to be a total dag.

6. The Make-Believe: Name something you wish for.
A cold beer to magically appear at the end of a long day.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You deserve some kind of medal for #4. That's an impossible thing for me with 3 kids. It was easier to keep it clean when they were toddlers.

Vic said...

Cheers, fracas, but I don't deserve a medal at all! You deserve one for having 3 kids! I live alone so technically I should be on top of the cleaning most of the time, but it slips away so damn easily. I can't imagine throwing children into the equation.

GG said...

yay for being a dag! (can't wait til you have to explain that one to non-aussies.)

dive said...

Hokay, Groover.
Explain the "dag" thing, please.
Is it anything like a "hornbag"?

And by the way, I had intended going to bed sober tonight, but thanks to you I've now got to go back down to the fridge and crack open a beer.
Mmmm … Beeeer …

Vic said...

Okay dive. "Dag"...
I guess you could roughly translate it to "loveable dickhead".

Katherine Buckley said...

No! Not thew smurfs!! You cant destroy the memory!
Right I want the beer too and good on you for giving Dive remote lessons on Australiana!
K