Tuesday, February 20, 2007

New student guitar piece

Well, I've finally started composing again. It isn't earth shattering stuff, but I want to do a heap of student pieces that look at different tecniques.

So this one is a fingerstyle blues type thing called Fishin' Trip. I bashed it out on the coast a couple of weeks ago, but have been procrastinating on doing a presentable copy. It keeps the right hand thumb steady on open bass strings, swapping to a melodic role and then settling back into driving bass notes again. It should have enough interest in it to push a student who is just starting out with this style of playing.

I'll aim to put something up regularly in the future, if only to prove to myself that I can keep at it.

So... If you download this piece, let me know. My email is on the second page of the sheet music, or just leave a comment. If you play it and have and coments/suggestions/criticisms definately let me know. If you're not into guitar and you've read this far anyway, cheers for sticking it out and just be happy that I'm actually getting my life into gear and doing something I'm proud of and want to do.

7 comments:

Sassy Sundry said...

Good for you for getting your life in gear. I can only play one song on a guitar, but if I want to learn another, I'll look right here.

Anonymous said...

Yay for you hun. Know how difficult coming out of a creative slump is. Hugs xoxox

GG said...

excellent work - you should be proud. i'm a musical idiot but enjoy reading about the creative things folk are up to.

Katherine Buckley said...

Awesome mate. I have heard you play it so know it is good! Hope the students dig it. K

dive said...

Looks good to me, Vic.
I'll print it out when I get back to work next tuesday and then go fishin with my old Martin.

Cool stuff.

Vic said...

Sassy, Kate, GG, Mike and Kat: Your support is beaut. Thanks!

Vic said...

Dive, it'a pretty simple but it should be gorgeous on your Martin. Anything would be.