Saturday, February 3, 2007

Saturday linkfest

So I'm drinking coffee, eating cold pizza and following links in eight different windows. I'm an impatient little snot, so if a page doesn't load straight away I just open a new window.

Today's linkfest takes the meandering direction of urban art, with the first direction being clean graffiti. This is like writing "Wash Me" on the back of cars. I came across two artists in particular who are scraping soot from exhausts off tunnel walls and things to create their images.



Firstly, there's Alexandre Orion's fantastic work on a tunnel in Sao Paulo, lining it with skulls. The article is here on BLDG BLOG.


Also found along the way is Leeds artist Paul Curtis aka Moose creating the question of whether it's illegal to clean up, creating art in the process. There's a little news article about it here.

So then I somehow find an a thing about this artist called Roadworth, who recieved a permit from the city of montreal to paint a bike path that stretches for about a kilometre. He says:

"The surreal feeling of spray painting the street with the aid of pilons provided by the City of Montreal while police cruisers passed by unblinkinglywas heightened by the presence of a growing group of on-lookers who soo turned the event into a bit of a street party, complete with beer and pizza."

4 comments:

Old Knudsen said...

Wow, how pointless. The city must be perfect for them to do this.

dive said...

Woohoo. Inspiring stuff, Vic.
There's some nice street art in my local city (as well as miles of boring, shitty tags). I'm now popping in there for breakfast, so I might snap some and post it later.

Anonymous said...

Thats some pretty cool artwork Vic.

Vic said...

I love seeing stuff like this - it makes me look at the world in a different way, like a blank canvas. I start to see oppotunities in everyday objects or places.