Monday, February 5, 2007

Monday Melee

Here it is, appearig for the first time on this blog, The Monday Melee, a project by fracas that's been adopted by a few others who I like reading - so I thought I should join in. Delayed by a week, but on the right day...

1. The Misanthtropic: Name something you absolutely hate.
Not being prepared. Yet I allow myself to be unprepared constantly.

2. The Meretricious: Expose something or someone that’s phony, fraudulent or bogus.
Insurance. At the stupid accident I was in/following I asked: "What do I need to do for an insurance claim?" Answer: "Oh, here's our policy number. Just get your smash repairs to send a quote." BULLSHIT! I have wad of forms arrive in the mail out of the blue asking me where exactly the accident took place (did someone tell me I needed to write down the fucking cross-streets?) and draw a picture. I just want to write in that box - imagine the arse end of a works truck poking out of a shop window. You'll get closer than anything I can draw.

3. The Malcontent: Name something you’re unhappy with.
The fact that I've run out of milk, and have only had one coffee this morning.

4. The Meritorious: Give someone credit for something and name it if you can.
My cat, for sleeping through most of the night and all the morning. Finally.

5. The Mirror: See something good about yourself and name it.
My brown eyes.
6. The Make-Believe: Name something you wish for.
A washing machine that wasn't busted and worth the price of another to fix.

7 comments:

Old Knudsen said...

I hate trying to fix washing machines, you struggle to take off the sides or the back, cutting yerself then you look inside and go huh what the hell am I looking at? a mouse once got stuck in my water shut off valve and flooded, I didn't enjoy pulling it out, of course the toasted mouse I found in my toaster was worse as I use that everyday, yummy.

Vic said...

That's a health nightmare waiting to happen, Old K. But hell, if it doesn't kill you it's got to make you stronger. Or at least add to the flavour.

Anonymous said...

Yay for juno.
Why is it that electrical appliances only shit themselves when you really don't need them to?
And insurance is a god damn nightmare to.

and ewwwww about the mouse, I won't be having toast for tea now. :(

dive said...

Hoorah for the cat coming to her senses.

And oddly enough, I chose insurance as my bogus item this morning, too. I think we must be on to something.

Vic said...

I'm not going to be overly trusting of the cat to be consistent in her sleep habits - I'll just maintain a state of pleasant surprise when she does sleep through.

Hey dive, maybe we've just picked a really obvious thing to see as bogus, and really we're just boring and unimaginative...

Anonymous said...

lol on drawing the photos. As for #3, the last time that happened to me was 7 years ago. I drank the coffee black. No milk. Been drinking it black since then. Bonus, black coffee has no calories. lol

Vic said...

Welcome, lindac!
Unfortunately I just can't do the black coffe thing. Well, I can, but I don't like it. There's a corner store just down the road, so I've been known to scrape up all the loose change and trot down there in my pj pants and a singlet.