Sunday, February 4, 2007

I love her to pieces, but enough already!

Dear Juno,

Let me start by saying I that I think you are the cutest animal alive. When you deign to sit on my lap and have me pat you I actually feel honoured. You've been my companion and my playmate through four different houses and several other cat companions and I wouldn't dream of life without you.

But why the hell have you decided now, after being my cat for more than two years, why is it just now that you have to wake me up to come to your food bowl with you in the morning? And why does this especially have to happen on weekends, where late nights are far more likely to have been had?

I know you're not a complete fan of the different brand of biscuits I'm feeding you, you've voiced your opinion loudly and often and I won't be buying that particular brand ever again. But I don't have to be there when you take your first mouthful in the morning. You're a big girl.

And why the hell do you refuse to sleep through the night? There was a time when you slept at my feet from the time I went to bed to the time I got up and did not move in between. Now you insist on skidding into the room, launching yourself at my bedside table and knocking all manner of crap onto the floor before coming onto the bed to clean yourself at god knows what hour.

I'm just not coping with the different behaviour you're showing right now, Juno. Is there something going on that I should know about? Are you all right? You're not in trouble are you?

Your loving owner,
Vic

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOur cat is related to my dog. Once a perfect puppy now stealing out of the yard at 4am and walking persistently past my window until I wake up and let him back in the house.

dive said...

Hee hee.
Share your life with an independently-minded nocturnal creature with a twisted sense of humour and this is what you get.
I loved my old cat but had to put up with her crazy ways for fifteen years.
I think your best option is to become nocturnal yourself.

Vic said...

Kate, they definately sound related. We'll have to do a blood test to see if they were seperated at birth.

And dive, that's the problem. When I do become semi-nocturnal is when she plays up. She sense when I need a good sleep-in - I came home at 3am Sunday morning and she started the whole wake me up to watch her eat business at 6:30. Maybe she's pissed off with me for disrupting her sleep patterns by not being home at 11 for her to fall asleep on the bed with.
But she's a cat. She sleeps all fricking day!