Monday, February 19, 2007

The Monday Melee

Welcome back to The Monday Melee, a project by fracas which has provided me with great relief the last couple of Mondays since I don't have to think of what to post.


1. The Misanthtropic: Name something you absolutely hate.
Poor spelling in newspapers. Such a publications should be setting an example.

2. The Meretricious: Expose something or someone that’s phony, fraudulent or bogus.The Centrelink government handout benefit system. I applied for a payment to help me get enrolled in Uni again and because I voluntarily left work I had to write a statement, subject to review, saying why I left my last job. The standard procedure is that if you cease work voluntarily, you have to wait for an eight-week period before you can receive a payment. If you get your arse sacked for being an incompetent idiot you can have money straight away. But if you have a good enough reason in your statement of why you left voluntarily they will waive the eight-week waiting period. What's really phony about all this? I wrote my statement over four weeks ago and had a phone interview about it on Friday just gone. All the phone interview meant was that they could proceed with reviewing my statement. Hello fuckers! The eight weeks will be over anyway. No need to waive it - it's gone already! [I can rant about Centrelink all day...]

3. The Malcontent: Name something you’re unhappy with.
The fact that I've not received a Centrelink payment yet, and have to tell them I don't need to receive a payment because I got my old fruit shop job back. No thanks to them.

4. The Meritorious: Give someone credit for something and name it if you can.
Kate and Dive, for commenting on virtually every post I've written. You're both amazing, and it makes my day to see your comments.

5. The Mirror: See something good about yourself and name it.
The tattoo on my shoulder. It's a statement of what I want to do and a constant reminder of my direction.

6. The Make-Believe: Name something you wish for.
Someone that I'm comfortable and relaxed around to give me a foot massage.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Vic, I love cheaters monday (melee) its such an easy post and its such a great forum to really just go ballistic with your issues.
I agree Centrelink absolutely sucks massively. They've just screwed me on my health care card saying i earned $3000 in the last 8 weeks. If they had read the paperwork, year to date started in july last year not january this year. Wankers. I'm off to do battle with them tomorrow after a rousing six hour class on freudian theory. Coupled with my current depression I'd hate to be the one who serves me tomorrow.

Thanks for your comments hun, I was having a majorly bad day today which is slowly easing now.

xoxoxox

GG said...

I shouldn't be surprised that Centrelink hasn't changed, but I am. Great rant as that sounds so frustrating.
Sorry if you've already posted about it, but what's your tattoo of?

GG said...

oh, another question. (i'm really not this nosy in real life.)
how did you do the strikethrough for 'handout'? i've tried everything.

GG said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katherine Buckley said...

Centrelink suck! The same so called organisations in other countries posing as government bodies providing assistance (bullsh*t!) are exactly the same. Take heart that in nearly every country in the world people go through the same bureaucracy. Except in those countries where there isn't any at all! Tough luck mate. K

Vic said...

Hey Kate, glad to see you're doing better. Centrelink certainly don't help with depression. I get a sinking feeling every time I try to deal with them.
Take care, mate.

Vic said...

Sorry Gaijin Girl, I actually meant to put a pic in the sidebar but haven't got around to it yet. Probably tonight!
It's an empty music stave, with an octave below treble clef on it (guitar clef). Everyone asks why I don't have a tune on it, but I don't want to play the same tune every day. It's also symbolic of my intentions to stay always a guitarist and composer.

And for a strikethrough, it's just strike in html brackets and a closing tag as well.
Cheers,
Vic

Vic said...

And Mike and Kat! Nice to see you comment!!! Hope things are travelling well!

Old Knudsen said...

I love cheaters monday (melee)

It hurts me people, really.
Its the same system in Britain with unemployment benefit or rather was 20 years ago when I left a soul destroying factory job to travel in France. I think I should have been paid right away because of my fine tan.

GG said...

thanks mate. obviously i tried everything but the obvious re the strikethrough. ahem.

i love the significance of your tattoo. that's gorgeous. can't wait to see it.

dive said...

Woohoo!
A big namecheck from the Groover for commenting on all the posts, and it's the one day I was out all day and night and didn't comment on a damn thing.
Oh, well …

Vic said...

Gaijin Girl, the pleasure is mine. (I looked it up to find out myself just before posting, so I'm not that brilliant myself, but hey I'll take the credit)

Vic said...

Well, you made up for it, dive. And everyone deserves a little time off to be a tour guide sometimes!