Monday, October 1, 2007

The Monday Melee

Today is the day for getting through the meme backlog, starting with the weekly event of the Monday Melee.

1. The Misanthropic: Name something you absolutely hate.
Not being able to play guitar through injury. It's been a week of picking up the instrument and realising that it hurts to play every time, and having to set it down again. Without realising I find one in my hands - to the point where Cruiseydyke would look at me across the loungeroom and chip me with a dude, you're doing it again.

2. The Meretricious: Expose something or someone that’s phony, fraudulent or bogus.
Centrelink, the government handout agency that does not recognise same sex relationships on a basic level. If you declare that you are living with others in the Rent Assistance, the next question is are you living with any members of the opposite sex? If you declare that you are, you get handed a form to fill out that asks if you own anything with that member of the opposite sex. You do not have to do this if you live with members of the same sex. I've actually posed the question, so what if I'm in a lesbian relationship and we own a house together? They don't care. It's not part of the guidelines. This would work in my favour if I was eligible for a benefit - my benefit would not be affected by the income of a same sex partner because that agency would not recognise her as a partner. But that blows. Why should I be any different?
Also, just because I might live with a bloke why is it automatically assumed that we own stuff together, which on a basic level means it is assumed that we are in a relationship?
How about changing it completely? To Do you live with your partner? If yes, do you own any assets together?

3. The Malcontent: Name something you’re unhappy with.
Living on top of a mountain range. I'm a water child. I was on the coast today, staring at fish through beautiful clear water at a wharf and I felt whole. I could have just sat there for hours, in the sun with the sea breeze on my face. There is something about the green countryside and the proliferation of water that just allows me to relax inside.

4. The Meritorious: Give someone credit and name it if you can.
The producers of Australian Idol for providing me with utter crap television for my viewing pleasure.

5. The Mirror: See something good about yourself and name it.
I try to be polite where possible. I knock, I ask permission. I just think it's decent.

6. The Make-Believe: Name something you wish for.
No drama. I hate drama. I hate getting emotional and I resolve not to. The laid-back Groover is here to stay. Rumours might fly around me, words can be said to me, bombs could be dropped in my bedroom but I am Vic, and that is all I need.

1 comment:

dive said...

Cool melee, laid-back Groover.
Numbers one and two suck big time.
And I'm with you on number three; I need to be near rivers and the sea.

Australian idol?