Monday, October 15, 2007

The Monday Melee

A while back, Dive from Small Glass Planet set the challenge of doing a single-artist lyrical version of the Monday Melee. I took the challenge and clean forgot about it for a while. So here we are, finally... A single-artist, single-album melee. The album of choice is Snow Patrol's Eyes Open, which I loved to bits, got over and then revisited this weekend. Thankfully, I still love it to bits.

1. The Misanthropic: Name something you absolutely hate.
Lash out first
At all the things we don't like
Or understand

- It's Beggining To Get To Me

2. The Meretricious: Expose something or someone that’s phony, fraudulent or bogus.
Get up, get out, get away from these liars
Cos they don't get your soul or your fire

- Open Your Eyes

3. The Malcontent: Name something you’re unhappy with.
All that I keep thinking throughout this whole flight
Is it could take my whole damn life to make this right

- Make This Go On Forever


4. The Meritorious: Give someone credit and name it if you can.
I find the map and draw a straight line
Over rivers, farms, and state lines
The distance from A to where you'd B
It's only finger-lengths that I see

I touch the place where I'd find your face
My finger in creases of distant dark places

- Set The Fire To The Third Bar

5. The Mirror: See something good about yourself and name it.
For once I want to be the car crash
Not always just the traffic jam

- Headlights on Dark Roads

6. The Make-Believe: Name something you wish for.
I wanna hear you laugh like you really mean it
Collapse into me, tired with joy

- Hands Open

1 comment:

dive said...

Cool choice, Vic.
I particularly like number five.