Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Deciding to move

Today, I decided that the world should just fuck off.

I've been woken up the last three mornings before the alarm by a spate of thunderstorm activity - as if I'm getting enough sleep anyway! Nature is not cooperating here.

The rogue flatmate is pissing me off more rather than less, causing me to believe that there is a divide in the household that I do not want to bother stitching up, and that it will not heal by itself.

The bosses pulled out thier usual you're a little late this morning so we're not going to actually say anything about it directly, but we'll give you all the shit jobs today stunt.

I'm tired, unhealthy and a little heartsick.

And that's where I got to thinking.
Fuck you, world.
More than that, though.
Fuck you world, I don't care any more. I can move and move on and be better for it.
I can leave town!


I took my lunch break to look online for flats in another town and went back to work thinking just try it fuckwits, I'll walk if you piss me off.

I think something clicked with that. I must have relaxed for the first time in ages with the knowledge that I could just walk out and not care. And what did that achieve? I had the best afternoon. I hung shit on the bosses as much as I wanted, and they just played along. It was great.

So maybe I should tell the world to fuck off more often. I seem to have a good day when I do.

2 comments:

dive said...

Cool idea, Groover.
You should move someplace where you can really exploit your music to the full.

Anonymous said...

Three words the soothe the soul more than any other, "Just fuck off"

Kisses and hugs for the heartsickness. whats up with that?