Monday, October 22, 2007

The Monday Melee

I almost forgot to do the Monday Melee today.

1. The Misanthropic: Name something you absolutely hate.
Imported vegetables. If it's not in season, don't eat it. It won't be much good after being flown halfway around the world, plus you're not supporting local produce.

2. The Meretricious: Expose something or someone that’s phony, fraudulent or bogus.
Shred-head guitarists. Need I say more?

3. The Malcontent: Name something you’re unhappy with.
Holding a PMS party for one just isn't satisfying. I need to share my cheeses with a sympathetic audience.

4. The Meritorious: Give someone credit and name it if you can.
Zomb, the drunk guy I met at the Saturday gig. This guy came up to me and asked me to clarfiy something, because he'd made a bet. He bet that I was a bloke. Cool. Sorry, dude. You lost, but you made my night.

5. The Mirror: See something good about yourself and name it.
I've been practising a classical piece about confronting demons lately and it's coming together musically. It's finally taken on a personal aspect for me and that reflects in it's performance.

6. The Make-Believe: Name something you wish for.
A town with more people, more opportunities musically, and no ex-girlfriends from hell to taint it.

5 comments:

Terroni said...

Number five makes me wish I could hear you play.

Anonymous said...

One day you'll find your wings and fly away from small town hell.

Vic said...

Terroni - I'd rather you guys hear me play bass at a gig. It's where I'm most confident to be me, the Groover.

Vic said...

Kate - One day babe. Maybe sooner rather than later.

dive said...

I'm so with you on one and two, Vic.
And well done on number four!
Cool!

Though on number one, I don't think I could survive without imported stuff like sweet potatoes, okra, mangoes, spices and all the other stuff that won't grow on this crappy, cold little rock we call Pomland.