Monday, October 8, 2007

The Monday Melee

It's time for a Monday Melee already?
Again?
NO!
I want the weekend back!

1. The Misanthropic: Name something you absolutely hate.
Budgie Smugglers. Aka Shitcatchers. Speedos. Those awful little swimmers that seem only to be worn by men who are really scrawny, or old fat bastards. Either way, if you wear them it’s a crime against aesthetics and you should be shot for it.

2. The Meretricious: Expose something or someone that’s phony, fraudulent or bogus.
Phony is my appearance of good health. My ears are blocked and if mucus was a valuable commodity I would have the market cornered as a major producer. I feel as good as a freshly discarded tissue.

3. The Malcontent: Name something you’re unhappy with.
Only being able to squeeze a weekend or only a day in with the people I truly want to be around. It takes me that long to become comfortable and then I have to go again. I think I’ll just have to move closer to them in order to solve that problem.

4. The Meritorious: Give someone credit and name it if you can.
James Blunt for the new album All the Lost Souls. I’m captivated well and truly, even though I still think he’s a bit of a whinger. I just can’t not fall in love with a lyric that says
Valium said to me
“I’ll take you seriously,
and we’ll come back as someone else
who’s better than yourself”


5. The Mirror: See something good about yourself and name it.
I do not own anything that has floral print.

6. The Make-Believe: Name something you wish for.
Two weeks in a cabin in the middle of nowhere. With one other person. And possibly an internet connection.

9 comments:

nina michelle said...

#6 Vic, anyone in particular? Inquiring minds want to know...

*grin*

Anonymous said...

I'm sending you floral socks for your bear.

dive said...

Speedos. Good God!
All those things say is "I'm hung like a cashew and I want the world to know."
Eww!
You had me worried on the floral print front until I remembered I binned that stupid Hawai'ian shirt a couple of years back.
Er … James Blunt?

Vic said...

Nina - *grin - Yes, it is indeed somebody in particular...

Vic said...

Kate - so can I consider the floral socks the property of my bear then, and still be exempt from the Floral Print Ownership Club?

Vic said...

Dive - Like a cashew - I love it! The worst are the ones with the saggy arses that float on the top of the water following the swimmer. Hence the name shitcatchers.

I'm confused with your James Blunt comment, though. Are you questioning my addiction or are you in the dark as to who he is?

dive said...

I was simply wondering how the Groover - with your arcane knowledge of Medeski, Martin and Wood could possibly listen to mainstream sappy pop.
Or did you hear it as muzak in a mall? Please say you did and retain your credibility with this muso-snob.
Hee hee.

Vic said...

I'm not a music snob, Dive. I like good music and pop as a term does not automatically mean that it is crap. Nor does that mean that pop is the only genre that I listen to.

Vic said...

Although it would work well as muzak.