Sunday, October 14, 2007

Finding Jesus

In an effort to snap out of my bleak mood last night I hit the town. I dressed up, making an attempt to feel good about myself, to feel that I looked good. So I pulled out the nice jeans. I pulled on my best (newest, therefore most elastic) boobsmasher chest flattening crop top and then the white shirt. Not tucked in, unbuttoned at the top and with a tie. I haven't worn a tie in so long - I found that I'd missed the process of it so much. And top it off with a pinstripe jacket.

So I walk to town, prepared for a night out on my own. Prepared to meet new people and talk to them. Prepared to listen to live music because for once there actually is something happening in town.

I walked into the muso's club and there he was.

Jesus.

Jesus, sitting across a crowded room.

Jesus held out his arms to me, and I went to him. His beard was soft, and his embrace warm.

Jesus and I talked. And we drank. We decided to move to another bar and that's when it happened. Jesus fell. He will not be walking on water for some time. He will perhaps be hopping across it on crutches, but definately not walking.

Maybe I just should not drink.

5 comments:

Ms. Avarice said...

"The last time I saw Jesus, I was drinking bloody maries in the south, in a barroom in new orleans rinsing out the bad taste in my mouth, she had a dark and faded blazer, with a little of the lining hanging out... when the juke box played miss dorothy moore, i knew that it was him without a doubt..."
Jesus in New Orleans, Over the Rhine

Anonymous said...

i always thought jesus was too serious for his own good. Good for you for getting him legless.

Maria said...

He needed to produce some loaves of bread and fish to go with all that wine he supplied for you.

Vic said...

Ms. Avarice - I checked out the website, and whoa, gorgeous vocals. Nice stuff. A very appropriate lyric quotation!

Kate - I literally did!

Maria - It would have helped us both to have had a feed, truly. And if only the wine was derived from water - it might have hurt the back pocket a little less.

Ms. Avarice said...

Vic, aren't they fabulous! I just bought their new album :) Not a very well known group, at least not by the masses, but Karin is such a siren her voice is beautiful and wandering. And it's all (or almost all) original music that they write together - that's the best part for me. <3