Friday, June 1, 2007

Yet another cool street art project


This post started life with the intention of becoming a blurt of massive proportions. I've had an amazingly shithouse week - some really high highs but some absolute crash and burners as well, which override all the good stuff too easily. So I did an image search for "fuck the world" just to add some colour to an otherwise drab outpouring of personal crap and it all changes for a while.

I came across FUCK this website, home of a project that asks people to stick stickers of the word fuck in funny places. The explanation:

I don't know, just had the idea one day and thought it would be funny. So I printed out stickers in a bunch of different sizes, took them everywhere with me, and started taking photos. It quickly turned into an obsession, and I ended up with a book. So, now it's your turn, let's see what you can do. Get some stickers and take some photos. Believe me, once you start, you'll never look at signs the same way again.


You can actually buy the stickers from this website and they are supposedly strong and removable. I really like the disclaimer that goes with them - this is supposed to be about collecting funny images, not FUCKing up people's personal property. Don't be an asshole and leave the stickers on signs around children's playgrounds. It's good to see some culture jamming with principals.

4 comments:

dive said...

Fuck the world, Groover?
Talk about ambitious!
Who ya going to start with?

Anonymous said...

I work with the cops, couldn't I have some fun with those stickers!

Sassy Sundry said...

Oh, I would get carried away...

Vic said...

Dive, you make me smile. I think there's few I'd have to leave out just for economy of time.