Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Dear Vic,

Ten points on your decision to just be single and not spend at least the rest of this year looking for a partner. You’ll get more done that way.

It shows that you want to learn your drum parts for brass band state championships this year. It shows that you know you’re spending far too little time playing guitar. It shows that you value yourself. It shows that you’re embracing the idea that love will happen when you least expect it. It shows that you couln’t give a rats if you found the right person tomorrow, as long as you got your space.

Hopefully it does not show you to be full of shit.

Cheers,
Vic

8 comments:

dive said...

Damned right, Groover.

Looking for love is like watching the kettle and waiting for the bugger to boil. Love will turn up when it's ready. And probably scare the shit out of you like it does me. In the meantime, try to get plenty of sex and don't let anyone impinge on that personal space.
Remember: you are The Groover and you totally rule.

Sassy Sundry said...

I think the worst thing we can do is wait around for someone to make our lives wonderful for us. If we aren't living an interesting life, then how are we going to be interesting to someone else?

Way to go, Vic.

Vic said...

Dive, you can pep talk me any day. I read your comment and I'm set now - I'll have the ammo to tell kids what to do all day. Because I'm the Groover and I totally rule.
And believe me, I will try to get plenty of sex.

Sassy, you're exactly right about being interesting. Cheers.

Anonymous said...

Yucky love stuff sucks.
Hun, your brilliant, talented, gorgeous and you still have your youth and no wrinkles.
Dive's right, The Groover rules.
Never let anyone tell you different.

Terroni said...

I don't know you, but I'll drink to that.

Cheers,
Terroni

nina michelle said...

Oooh I love empowerment! Take good care Vic! I need to write a letter to myself I think... different topic maybe but with the same resonance.

oxox

nina michelle said...

postscript,

thank you for the kindness in classification on your blogroll...

you do indeed rule...

nina

Vic said...

Kate: Thanks babe, I'm not planning on letting anyone tell me different.

Terroni: Thanks for coming by, and welcome. Cheers to you too!

Nina: Letters to yourself are a good thing. They force you to think about what you really need to do. And the blogroll thing, anytime.