Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Warning: asshole ideals ahead

I just want some one who gets me. Eventually.

My ideal – call me shallow if you will, I’m in the mood at the moment to be shallow and an asshole - my ideal partner, friend, whatever…. Anyone I want to spend quality time with has:

Consideration to others around them, people skills. Care for the well being of the people around them. People in the street. People they’ve never met. Just a good sense of nice.

Ability to read maps. I like driving. I need a navigator. Or at least the willingness to learn to read a map. I love navigation and I honestly find it hard to understand anyone who doesn’t have a sense of direction. This is anal but who cares – I’m an asshole, right?

Respect for my property and personal space. Actually for anyone’s property and personal space. And time. I don’t have much of it spare but I give it freely when I do. I don’t want to feel like I’m being waited around for constantly. Maybe I need to find someone as busy as I am so that we cross paths every now and then and that’s it.

Culture. Appreciation of art and the world around them. Open eyes for possibility. Appreciation of music, but not along the lines of snobbery. Just an open mind and an awe of the world.

Someone with get up and go. Someone with a job who doesn’t sit around all day watching the time go by. Or worse, stay up all night and then sleep through the day just because they think there’s nothing better to do than waste time.

Someone who likes to stuff about playing frisbee or racing down the isles of the supermarket. Or to go for road trips when the time is there just because life is too short to play house.

Maybe I should just appreciate being alone.

7 comments:

dive said...

Sorry, Groover.
I tick all the boxes but
(a) I'm taken, and
(b) I'm (regrettably) not a hot young lesbian.

Dammit!

sinclair sexsmith said...

I for one think it's a GREAT idea to put forward a list like this ... ideas about what you want in someone else, dealbreakers, etc. because of course when The Girl comes along, and when she has five of the six qualities or even four of the six, she'll have ten other qualities you never thought of and suddenly can't live without and it'll totally work. OR you'll recognize all six and it'll be magic. OR you'll forget your six all together ... but any way it goes, it's good to think about it, you know? what you put forward comes back to you, all that.

all I'm trying to say is that you're totally not an asshole.

oh, and also? see if you can find the book 'If the Buddha Dated' by Charlotte Kasl, it's amazing.

Anonymous said...

Awww counts me out, if i played frisbee I'd have a heart attack.

Vic said...

Dive, it really sucks about those two minor points, because I’d marry your cute guiar-playing butt in an instant.

Sinclair - I guess it’s more of a vent and a warning to myself about my own expectations rather than a specific list of criteria to be met. I don’t know. Like you said – maybe I’ll forget all the criteria one day.
And I’ll keep an eye out for that book.

Kate… Just provide a Doctor’s certificate and you’ll be fine.

dive said...

That makes me grin like a fool.

Sassy Sundry said...

Oh my god, Vic, you want someone who is nice, respectful and considerate? I really think you need to reevaluate here. You aren't living up to your asshole claims.

Terroni said...

Ah...someone who respects personal space. That would be so nice, because this asshole needs her space.