Sunday, June 24, 2007

Interview with the dude in the loungeroom

Meet IcePick. He is the dude in the loungeroom. On weekends only. He drives in from another town, goes out drinking and crashes on a lounge in front of the heater. After three weeks of this Gayman and I decided that since IcePick buys a carton and then leaves pretty much half of it here every time he should have a key. He's the weekend housemate. We even put two lounges together for him this weekend so that he could have a double bed.

IcePick, what brings you to our particular loungeroom with such frequency?
Weekend warriorism.

So is this a hangover friendly house?
No.
I don't think there's been a morning yet that I haven't been hung over here.

But is it a bad place to be hung over?
No. It's a good place. Except when Vic farts or takes a grunt in the toilet. Because nothing can cover it.

No shit, yesterday he and Gayman threw a can of deodorant in for me and then stuck towels up against the gap in the toilet door. IcePick told me I wasn't allowed to come out until the smell had disappeared entirely.

How do you feel about being the token straight guy in the house that gay built?
Like a very rare collectable guy.

And then I lose his attention to his laptop. He's settled in to the wireless thing we've got going on and is happily playing Meatloaf through my stereo from his computer and playing Counter Strike.

4 comments:

Terroni said...

Meatloaf, huh? I can't remember the last time I heard Meatloaf...or had meatloaf for that matter.

Speaking of which, are you eating a lot of that, by chance? Because that could be the source of your intestinal odor.
Try yogurt--it's supposed to help.


(It just occurred to me that perhaps you weren't looking for suggestions...sorry) :)

Vic said...

Actually Terroni it has a lot to do with drinking and not much else. Haven't had Meatloaf in many years.
And I made him turn it off and put something decent on.
But thanks for the suggestion, anyway. It's sweet.
How's the haircut?

Anonymous said...

Was listening to meatloaf last night. Never eaten it though.

Terroni said...

I think the haircut is going to be the new me. I'm going to have him take a little more off of the back, and then I'm all set.

I like that I don't have to worry about having hair ties to keep it out of my face, and it's fun to play with femininity in ways that don't include having long, girly hair.