Monday, June 25, 2007

The Monday Melee

Monday Melee time. The weekly digest of how shallow I can be. It's a completely self-centred Melee today, but I've got nothing else so deal with it.

1. The Misanthtropic: Name something you absolutely hate.
Having knots in my shoulders and nobody to relieve them. A long hot soak in the bath doesn't even come close to the relief of having someone digging their thumbs into my back and working out the bits that make my shoulders crunch when I move them.

2. The Meretricious: Expose something or someone that’s phony, fraudulent or bogus.
This question. It shits me. It highlights to me how much I am out of the loop with current events and embarrasses me every week.

3. The Malcontent: Name something you’re unhappy with.
The weather in this goddamned town. I'm parked on the floor in front of the wall heater with a beanie and hobo gloves on and I'm still cold. All I want to do is sit here and eat soup, stew or some other comfort food all day.

4. The Meritorious: Give someone credit for something and name it if you can.
The musical director of the musical I played bass in for saying that he loved working with me. It's great hear that you're appreciated sometimes.

5. The Mirror: See something good about yourself and name it.
I looked hot in that corset Friday night. It's not the typical Vic, but I don't mind being a chameleon sometimes.

6. The Make-Believe: Name something you wish for.
This weekend to hurry on up and arrive.

8 comments:

Terroni said...

A beanie and hobo gloves...I sleep in those in the winter.

And I can't remember the last time someone dug their thumbs into my shoulders, but it sounds great. My right one is especially bad--an old swimming injury. When I work all day, it knots up so much you can see it through my shirt. Ouch. Someday, when I can afford it...massages!

Anonymous said...

so you found your hobo gloves or did you buy new ones?

Vic said...

Terroni - one day I'll have massages too but it's so much better when someone... non-clinical does it to you!

Vic said...

Kate, I bought new ones. I found one of the old ones... but only one. Juno (my cat) steals them and carries them around sometimes - I used to find them outside at the last house when we had a cat flap.

Anonymous said...

Joey the tyranasaurous puppy steals socks so I can sympathise.

Terroni said...

Yeah, Vic...I hear ya.

And now I'm remembering the last time someone rubbed my shoulders for free.
I used to work with this gynecologist who had the most amazing hands...

Vic said...

Terroni, are you going to tell the story?

Terroni said...

He would just casually walk up behind me and massage things. If there were a lot of people in the nurses' station, he'd just rub my shoulders. If no one was around, he'd let his hands wander a bit.

Ahh...