Monday, March 12, 2007

The Monday Melee

Monday Melee time! The weekend is officially pronounced dead. Funeral is tomorrow, party is afterwards, supper provided.

1. The Misanthtropic: Name something you absolutely hate.
Kids that don't practise. You can't get away with winging it, you little shits. And like "I had no time" is a good excuse. Welcome to life, buddy. But you get your meals cooked for you, your washing done and you get cleaned up after.

2. The Meretricious: Expose something or someone that’s phony, fraudulent or bogus.
Cookie Dough KitKat bars. They sound fantastic. They're not.

3. The Malcontent: Name something you’re unhappy with.
Doing the early fruit market shift, only because I can't slog into a bottle of wine of an evening/night and get away with it any more.

4. The Meritorious: Give someone credit for something and name it if you can.
My friend for giving me her washing machine out of storage, when she found out mine was unfixable. When I offered her money, she said no. So I'm cooking dinner for her tonight in thanks.

5. The Mirror: See something good about yourself and name it.
I'm really happy at the moment. I'm so far from the depression of two years ago that I feel like the world's not just my oyster but I'm chewing it.

6. The Make-Believe: Name something you wish for.
I don't know. Maybe a few extra hours sleep at night with no sacrifice to the content of the day?

8 comments:

Katherine Buckley said...

Go girl go! I just read the blog about the road trip Parts 1-6 and it looks like you had an awesome time. I will get Mike to read it next time he is on line - he will be jealous!
So glad to hear that you are a happy bunny you so deserve to be mate!
Love ya K x

dive said...

Cookie dough Kit Kat bars?
EW!
Really good to see you're on top of things and grooving, Groover.

Sassy Sundry said...

Nice to hear you're happy these days, Vic.

Vic said...

Kat, wish you guys were there with me. We'll do some touring around here one day!

Dive: EW? You can sound like a woman sometimes! But yeah, they aren't nice.

Sassy, thanks. It beats the hell out of depression.

dive said...

Hee hee … and I'm developing man-boobs, too. There's hope for me yet.

Vic said...

Now I know why I like you so much, Dive...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the heads up on the cookie dough kit kat, and thanks for sticking with the Melee. Oh.. and if Dive is reading.. thanks also. I can't post at your blog unless I find my password and log into the account I made when Rootietoot didn't allow anonymous posts either.

Vic said...

fracas, the Melee is great. It's a formula for Mondays, when I tend to feel uncreative. It forces me to think, also.