Monday, March 19, 2007

Is it Monday again?

Monday Melee means that yes, indeed, Monday has plopped into my lap once again.

1. The Misanthtropic: Name something you absolutely hate.
Washing. Yes, it's nice to have it all done but the process pisses me off. My quote to a friend (in jest) this weekend: I hate it. I need a wife.

2. The Meretricious: Expose something or someone that’s phony, fraudulent or bogus.
The new shopping centre in town. It opened Thursday to much hype and really just looks and feels like any other new shopping centre. It has the same shops that any other shopping centre has and really isn't that big. The really sad thing? It holds the first ever escalator that this town has seen.

3. The Malcontent: Name something you’re unhappy with.
Having sore shoulders and not having anyone to massage them.

4. The Meritorious: Give someone credit for something and name it if you can.
The City Band director, for nominating me for the committee. Now I've got a bit more say in what goes on.

5. The Mirror: See something good about yourself and name it.
I got my eyebrows waxed after leaving it for far too long yet again, and christ it makes a difference.

6. The Make-Believe: Name something you wish for.
School holidays, so I can have some spare time.

2 comments:

dive said...

All malls are intrinsically evil.

Congratulations on getting nominated for the committee, Groover. That can only be good news for the City Band. Nice one.

Anonymous said...

As Me Ol'Granny Patch is fond o'sayin', "T'put up with her domestic strife, a workin' woman needs a wife." Aye, she be also th'one who said, "Damn th'tea, I need a beer!", so take it as ye will.