Monday, March 5, 2007

The Monday Melee

And it's time for TheMonday Melee yet again.

1. The Misanthtropic: Name something you absolutely hate.
Supermarkets that only have two registers open on a busy day. Yes, it's hard to pick when a rush will be but for fuck's sake. Can't your shelf stocking people be cross-trained to open up a till and serve when it's busy? Or not have two staff milling around the service desk looking at all the people with trolleys lined up waiting to get out of the store?

2. The Meretricious: Expose something or someone that’s phony, fraudulent or bogus.
Cold & Flu + Guarana tablets.
"Contains Guarana to help maintain Stamina and Endurance while fighting cold and flu"
I took one of these suckers this morning and my flu symptons were worse, not better. The guarana thing, which is what sold me, did not help me work any faster at all. It sent my mind into overdrive and I just got jittery. I had a running mental commentary for everything that I was trying to do and a total inability to focus on getting it done quickly and efficiently.

3. The Malcontent: Name something you’re unhappy with.
Missing out on the Sydney Gay & Lesbian Mardi Gras again. Next year I will be far more organised.

4. The Meritorious: Give someone credit for something and name it if you can.
My mate who stayed for the weekend, for exerting an easy, blokey atmosphere over my house. I haven't lived around actually blokey masculinity for a long time and really enjoyed the company.

5. The Mirror: See something good about yourself and name it.
I got picked on by a bunch of assholes for looking like a boy, but underneath being pissed off that these guys had the rudeness to yell it out, I actually like it. I like my short boy-cut hair and I like wearing men's dress shirts. And goddamit, I think I look good that way.

6. The Make-Believe: Name something you wish for.
To be able to breathe without snuffling, not to feel backache and to never ever have to pick the fluff off clothes that have been put through the wash with tissues in the them again. In short, I want the flu to fuck off.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

#1: I like th'word 'trolleys'. ;)

#2: Tami flu, Darlin'. I don't iffin ye can get it there. It's not a virus, it's somethin' that shortens th'duration o' it all.

#5: I can't add t' th'perfection o' this paragraph, so I won't try.

Vic said...

Cap'n, I think th'homemade Chicken Noodle soup and th'sympathy that goes with it be a far better idea than #2.

Anonymous said...

Ummmm, meds or good, ol'lovin'. I must totally agree, Ma Chere.

dive said...

Nice tat, Groover.
1) ARGH! Yup, this one gets me, too.
2) Drugs are our friends.
3) Doh!
4) Except for the pierced penis bit. Ew!
5) You look damned good!
6) Scotch will help.

Anonymous said...

hugs and kisses babe, get well soon xoxo

Sassy Sundry said...

Feel better, Vic.

Vic said...

Dive: thanks for your comment on the tat. I told GG about it in a comment a while back, and have been meaning to put that pic up for a while.

#6 - I tried to beat it into submission with rum on the weekend, but that didn't seem to help.

Oh and #5 - thankyou. How an absolute gentleman like yourself doesn't have a woman is beyond me.

Vic said...

Kate and Sassy: Thanks heaps for the sympathy - I really should be over this by now if only I took some time to slow down. Instead I think I'll sleep on the weekend and then stuff it all up by going out too much and abusing my body a little more.

And hugs right back, Kate!