Saturday, March 10, 2007

Road Trip Part Two: Gloucester

Driving here:

Stopping to look here:


Stopping in the middle of the road to take a picture of the pretty hill here:


Known as base camp for the Barrington Tops, this little town is incredibly pretty. The posts since my desk pic have all been written at a pub, on paper with a pen that I borrowed from the bar. I've watched the sun go down from the beer garden and just had a nice relaxing evening.


There's two pubs on the main street and when the girl at the bar of the one I'm at was asked when this particular one closed, she answered: "Well the other one has a band on tonight, we had ours last night. So generally we try to close early so we can head on down to have a listen." Gold.

2 comments:

dive said...

Okay. I've seen enough. I wanna live in Australia.

Vic said...

We'll have to do a house swap, Dive! Except I think I'd come off really well in that deal...