Friday, March 23, 2007

Censored.

Mike and Kat are currently in Vietnam and have informed me that they are blocked from reading my blog. They can't access Dive's blog either.

I did a little looking on Google. Only a little, too much has the potential to knock me out of the real world for hours with fifteen different windows open on fifteen different tangents unrelated to the original topic. Anyway I came across this from an article:

The regulations forbid "data that can affect national security, social order, and safety or information that is not appropriate to the culture, morality, and traditional customs of the Vietnamese people."


I occasionally post pictures of naked women and talk about being gay. Okay. But Dive posts pictures of Gargoyles and Spice Racks. What gives?

4 comments:

dive said...

Dammit! I'm an avowed Marxist and a great fan of Ho Chi Minh and his nationalist struggle to kick out first the French and then the Yanks from his country (did you know he was a great chef as well?) …
I'd far rather be banned from America than Vietnam.
Rats!

Old Knudsen said...

See how the commies turn on their own kind?

I recently went on a site that told me I was banned in china but my chinese source said I wasn't, ah well, have they tried going through links from other sites that link to you?

Vic said...

Old Knudsen, they tried to link to me through Dive's blog. That's where we found out he's banned too.

I'm pretty proud that I'm deemed offensive, though.

Katherine Buckley said...

Ah ha but only in some places!! In Hanoi now, the capital of communism in this country and I am in!!! Have discovered Vietnam to be very commercially communist... Anyway I get to read again - I was getting serious withdrawals!!