Wednesday, March 28, 2007

As promised, another fucking meme.

Yesterday's one-word meme was hard. I hate not being able to explain myself (yes, I'm doing it now, I know). So I decided that there has to be a longer version to the questions.

So the new constraint is: answer the questions (well, elaborate on the previous answers) in five sentences. No more, no less.

Since there's thirty-four questions I decided to pick out seven. I don't have the available time or attention span to write five sentences about thirty-four things. Randomly with no memory of what questions were on the thing at all, I picked seven numbers and wrote them down, just for fun. They are my questions to talk about, no matter what.

17. One of your wish list items: dick
I'm embracing a boyish identity. I've always been pretty masculine and frankly I want a dick. This doesn't mean I want one full time, but I'd like the option. I want to be able to present myself as male (depending a lot on the social situation). And no, it isn't because I want to pee standing up.

4. Your mother/stepmother: indifferent
Indifferent isn't the right word to describe her. It's my feeling toward her at this point. She rings up to talk about the weather. She very rarely discusses feelings or encourages discussion of feelings. When she expresses disapproval it can be very overpowering so mostly I'd rather stay away.

29. What are you doing at the moment?: breathing
When you strip it down to basics, you're either breathing or you're not. I'm not dead. I'm not being cremated as I blog, and I'm certainly not burning in hell for the multitude of sins I have committed. All systems seem to be fuctioning normally, so I'm not complaining. What a shit of a question.

25. Your mood: horny
All this exploring identity stuff has led me to be more aware, but also more intrigued by, my sexuality and gender definitions. I think about presenting myself as male and dammit if it doesn't make me horny. I think about having a dick and dammit, I'm still horny. The frequency of horniness has been escalating lately into an almost constant hum. Apart from the frustration, this may be a good thing.

3. Your hair: hathair
I used to wear a cap everywhere. I'm not as big a fan of them now, since I actually like the way my hair is these days and don't feel I have to hide it. Since the morning job involves food, I get to wear a cool black and purple cap. I'm one of those people that caps work well on, so I don't mind at all. Until I have to take it off.

8. Your favorite drink: beer
Last Friday evening I ambled out onto my front porch with a stubbie in my hand. I had a blue trucker singlet on and a pair of jeans. Gayman and a few other friends were there. One friend just looked at me and said Oh my god, butch moment number thirty-six!. So Gayman pipes up with (in typical snide Gayman fashion) - Yeah, in the last hour!

11.
This is a pearler. How many of us who've done this meme realised that there was no number eleven? How reliant on copy and paste have we all become? I know that was all I did, then replaced the previous answers with my own. These sort of shortcuts are so fucking handy, but breed so much laziness, not that I should complain because I'm guilty of it myself.


There. Go to.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not a big meme person but I really liked this one and your answers are really intriguing.

Kudos for the 5 sentence thing. Very well done.

But...I can't imagine doing this for 34 questions.

dive said...

Woah! Discipline! Five sentences. I'm going to have to work on this one, Groover.
Love the Gayman/beer anecdote, by the way.

Vic said...

Thanks, elizabeth. As for doing the entire 34 questions, it was hard enough to do seven with constant Gayman interruptions. Dive, who doesn't have a Gayman flatmate to annoy him, actually did all 34(33 with the #11 excluded).

sinclair sexsmith said...

yay for caps, and beer, and getting a new dick! I have lots of thoughts & ideas about that subject, as I'm sure you know. :) maybe we can chat about it sometime.

and hi! I didn't know you had this blog, which really just means I do terrible follow-up to the posts on my site. sorry about that.

Vic said...

Welcome, sinclair. I know you've got lots of thoughts - and experience regarding the subject and I'd like to pick your brains someday.
My first port of call will be reading Butch is a Noun - if it ever arrives from Amazon.