Saturday, March 10, 2007

Road Trip Part One: Side Excursion for Dive

I decided I should take a wandering route rather than highway driving. Part of the point of getting away was to actually get out and drive for a while. Point and push just doesn't do it for me.

So my route led me toward Gostwyck Chapel. This cute little ivy-covered church in the middle of flipping nowhere has so many moods. I thought it might be showing the first touches of autumn, but it's still clothed in green, and the afternoon sun just lit it up nicely.


Just around the corner, and the real reason I dedicate this post to Dive, is the Deargee Woolshed. It was built in 1872, which doesn't seem that old until you consider that the First Fleet landed in 1788. That means it's been around for more than half our country's written history.

Note the fact that some poor bugger got bogged pretty nastily! This would be a fantstic spot for a party. Crank up the bush band and get out the beer and rum!

2 comments:

dive said...

Woohoo! Named in a Groover post!
Happy me.
Thanks, Vic. REAL Australian history! That is an awesome building, and as you say, looks like a great place for a gig.
I've got an old video of Bob Geldof's band playing in a sheep shed in Goondiwindi … More of a huge drunkfest than a gig.
Fun!

Vic said...

Someday I'll hop through the fence and take a look inside. It's a working shed still, which is awesome.

I can imagine the Bob Geldof video would be pretty funny.