Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Raised eyebrow moments.

I take fruit to work when I teach at the private boys' boarding school. I'm there three days a week, so usually I've got some sort of goodness from my morning vege shop job stashed away in the staffroom fridge. Whatever I see that is appetising while stocking the shelves of a morning, I'll grab to munch on later in the day. Not only that, but I'll offer it around to the other staff. I feel rude to be eating around the other staff and not offering any - just like I feel it is rude to just waltz in and make a coffee without offering any around.

So I waltz into the staffroom in this afternoon, and another female music teacher is sitting in there already. She's well older than me and looks a bit prudish, but looks can be decieving, right? (bear in mind that I look like a teenage boy a lot of the time). I decide I'll break the silence by reaching into the fridge, grabbing my fresh produce of the day and offering her some.

My fresh produce to day... Dates.

Wanna date? is not a good icebreaker.

Retreat!!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

ROTFPMSL.
Something you wanna tell me babe?
:)))))

Vic said...

Oh there's plenty of things I want to tell you, babe.

Wanna date?

Anonymous said...

YES! But not the fruit variety, they look like old people's food.

Vic said...

That's funny, I thought we already were...

Ms. Avarice said...

That's very clever. If some asked me if I "wanna date" I'd have to say yes because dates are a delicious fruit (although too sweet sometimes!).

Terroni said...

I'd love a date!
(I was beginning to think you'd never ask.)

dive said...

Hee hee hee.
That's just too delicious, Vic.

Carl said...

That's a very funny story. Gave me a much needed smile.

Vic said...

Ms. Avarice - dates can be delicious in both forms!

Terroni - should I ask? Would you like that? *grin

Dive - that's what I think about my dates...

Carl - Glad you think so! Keep smiling, it feels good.