Monday, November 5, 2007

The Monday Melee

It's sunny and warm. The school I work at today has closed their music department for activities. I have the day off, so stuff it. I'm going to knock this Monday Melee out of the way and go take pictures of something pretty.

1. The Misanthropic: Name something you absolutely hate.
Washing. Every time I turn around the floordrobe has turned into a mountain requiring safety equipment to scale.

2. The Meretricious: Expose something or someone that’s phony, fraudulent or bogus.
Ant-Rid. It does not rid the ants. They've invaded the kitchen... and the loungeroom. Lone stragglers can be found winding their way across the carpet. I'm sure they're just lost. But I want them ridded. Gone. And the stuff in the bottle that says it rids... It isn't doing the job.

3. The Malcontent: Name something you’re unhappy with.
Life would be so much easier if I was a bloke.

4. The Meritorious: Give someone credit and name it if you can.
The band I rehearsed with on Sunday for asking me to play with them. I walked into an unfamiliar situation at rehearsal and played well anyway. The gig this coming Saturday will be fun.

5. The Mirror: See something good about yourself and name it.
I can recognise the symptoms of a panic attack and call for help if need be.

6. The Make-Believe: Name something you wish for.
A man-style ring that fits properly.

2 comments:

Terroni said...

Reading your Monday Melee is one of my very favorite things to do on Sunday nights, Vic. ;>

dive said...

Life's no easier as a bloke, Vic. Looking as good as you do, you can attract far more girls than us sad, insecure, immature, penis-fixated creatures. you have an attitude that blokes just aren't allowed to have.

And boiling water poured onto ants' nests a couple of times over successive weekends not only works but is great fun. Watch those little bastards run and shrivel!