Monday, July 30, 2007

The Monday Melee

Today's Monday Melee comes to you from my lounge room floor, where this blogger Vic is currently stuck, immovable and in immense pain.

1. The Misanthropic: Name something you absolutely hate.
Back pain. I will whinge, bitch and swallow tonnes of anti-inflammatories until this fucker settles back down. And finally, have a massage. It's caused me to take time off work (where I have no sick leave) and teaching (where I'm self-employed so I have no sick leave) and have to fork out money that I'm not making to make myself better. It's minor in the scheme of things, I know. But I will whinge even to the walls until it's better.

2. The Meretricious: Expose something or someone that’s phony, fraudulent or bogus.
When I booked in for a massage I was asked if I minded having a male massage therapist. Actually the quote is - he's a man. Do you mind? He's very good. I personally could not give a shit who it was, as long as they make me feel better. It leads me to think, though. Do men who ring up for a booking get asked this question? If this question is to cover their asses in regard to sexual harassment, it should be asked across the board. Where does the line get drawn? If I were to work there, would it have to be asked of the female bookings - she's a lesbian, do you mind? She's very good..

3. The Malcontent: Name something you’re unhappy with.
Being asked by a redneck prick at the pub on Saturday night how much for a monkey rub?.

4. The Meritorious: Give someone credit for something and name it if you can.
Country Energy, our local power supply company for scheduling a maintenance blackout on Saturday night. Thanks to you, Cruiseydyke and I came home plastered and thought we'd broken every light in the house. It will be a night we laugh about for the rest of our lives.

5. The Mirror: See something good about yourself and name it.
I'm happy, and I can love.

6. The Make-Believe: Name something you wish for.
Kisses. Soft, light ones starting on my neck just in that point where my jaw and earlobe meet. Kisses that continue and work down folling the curve of my neck to my collar bone and finally, to my heart.
Oh bliss.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

#3 - The answer for that is $17.96

http://www.mysecretpantry.com/prodinfo.asp?number=RMXK5

You should've told him the only way his meat will ever have a flavorful crust that delivers a succulent flavor is after a trip to the grocer.

Sheesh. Did you slap him?

dive said...

Ick! Back pain; the guitarists' curse. You have my sympathy, Groover. I hope you're up and leaping about soon.
And I hope you get those kisses.

Vic said...

Fracas: So you googled it too? I believe in the link you posted the brand is Red Monkey and the product is the rub. It's just a slang term for jerking off. Which is why I'm offended by the asshole. But having a flavourful crust on his meat... hehe

Dive: The back pain is slowly going but the kisses are noticeable in their absence. Dammit.

Terroni said...

Those kisses sound delicious.

Deb said...

I can totally relate to the back pain. I had a year of back pain, which caused me to see a chiropractor consistantly. Tens units, massages and crackins' every other day. The massages weren't so bad, if my message therapist didn't pitch a tent every time. That's a whole other story in itself though!

And..............you're happy because you can love. The reason for that is because you have love within yourself. It starts there. Obviously, you're a rare breed! :)

Great post!