Monday, July 2, 2007

The Monday Melee

And here we have yet another Monday Melee. Where the hell did last week go?

1. The Misanthtropic: Name something you absolutely hate.
While I was at work for less than three hours this morning I could see a glorious sunny day shaping up outside. As soon as I leave and walk home it's turned into a foul miserable cold day.

2. The Meretricious: Expose something or someone that’s phony, fraudulent or bogus.
The mallrat attitude. Real people don't just sit around drinking coffee every day.

3. The Malcontent: Name something you’re unhappy with.
The pushbike that is sitting at the end of my lounge room, minus one tyre. Yes, it's my fault that it continues to be there. I don't care. The sight of it shits me and that's enough.

4. The Meritorious: Give someone credit for something and name it if you can.
The author of the text messages I've been recieving lately for providing me with smiles, laughs and plenty of sly grins.

5. The Mirror: See something good about yourself and name it.
I have been told, loudly, at a pub in the middle of an argument that the sex is fucking amazing. Got to be proud of that.

6. The Make-Believe: Name something you wish for.
New shoes. Without holes in the bottom from chemicals. That don't let the stupid leakage from the spud peeling machine in and stuff my socks.

7 comments:

dive said...

Wow! That's certainly something to be proud of, Groover.
Treat yourself to some new shoes to celebrate.

And … er … I love "mallratting" on a rainy Saturday. I can happily waste the day hanging round bookshops drinking coffee all day. An amazing amount of friends and acquaintances turn up throughout the day. And buy me more coffee.

Terroni said...

Thanks for making me laugh this morning, Vic.

Vic said...

Dive: But you don't do it every single day, right? I agree it's a good way to catch up. Sometimes mallrats are glorified versions of a pack of hoods with nothing better to do. Just with coffee in their hands. I don't think that's you.

Terroni: Anytime mate. Nice to know I can make you laugh. Cheers.

Anonymous said...

re> the pushbike.
Take it apart and hang it on the wall in pieces. Modern art. As long as its flat against the wall so everyone (gayman) is a happy chappy it'd actually look pretty cool. Get some fluro glow in the dark colours and spray its bits.....and pieces.

Vic said...

Kate: Gayman and his flat against the wall crap has had me looking half-heartedly for the drill charger for the last couple of days, and we've still got bits of wire sitting in the loungeroom.

So no, the bike is actually useable if I fix the tyre. Which will happen some day so it has to stay there. That makes me sound like such a bloke.

And flouro bits... I just don't want to go there.

Sassy Sundry said...

The thought of a spud peeling machine made me a little sick.

Down with Mallrats (except the movie---it's hilarious)!

Vic said...

Sassy the peeler is cool, even if there's evil froth crap associated with it. It just spins the potatoes around in a drum lined with really course sandpaper which grinds the skins off you tidy the spuds up, treat them and sell them peeled. Suits catering suppliers down to the ground.