Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Meet the family Part One: Big Daddy

So finally I get around to the series I want to dedicate to Dive, the lovely guitar-toting balding ball of occasional rantiness. This man has recently made a comment that has become a mantra for me:

"You are Vic.
You are the Groover.
You don't need to be anything else."


And Big Daddy is where the groove really lies. Previous to this amp I was using something with less than half the power, and not being able to hear myself clearly at large gigs. Big Daddy is responsible for the confidence of The Groover.


(Apologies for the pic being dark, but you get the idea.)


I've danced on this amp.

I've jumped off it.

I've been blown away sitting in front of it.

I've sat on it and played a low B with the octave below doubling turned up, feeling the delicious slow vibration roaring through my entire body.

I've carried it across carparks, lamenting the tiny wheels that can't handle any surface but carpet and feeling strained for days from the effort (but loving it).


I've found a lot of myself in using this amp. Big Daddy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I've sat on it and played a low B with the octave below doubling turned up, feeling the delicious slow vibration roaring through my entire body."

I'm no muso but I'm begining to see its appeal.

dive said...

Awesome, Groover!
I love aluminium cones; they pack such a punch!
Auuugh! I'm sitting in the office but now I wanna be up on stage feeling that thing thwack my ribcage and drive the breath from my body.
That is a small black box of sex.

Sassy Sundry said...

That is one serious piece of music equipment.

Vic said...

Kate, babe if you ever see me play you'll have to come sit on it!

Dive - punchy is the way I like it, too. Two tens for definition but wow do they drive.

Sassy it is serious, and I play serious but have no intention of acting serious. That takes the fun out of it, and then what's the point?

Terroni said...

This is a great picture of you, Vic...sexy!