Monday, July 23, 2007

The Monday Melee

Today's Monday Melee is brought to you courtesy of Instant Coffee. Without it's assistance I would not exist before 10am.

1. The Misanthtropic: Name something you absolutely hate.
Frangipani stickers on the back windows of cars. You're not individual. Every idiot and her dog is decorating their rear windshields with those cutesy stupid sprays of stickers. You know what it means to me? Warning: Bad driver. Two weekends on the road and I have been in several close shaves where I have been cut off by other cars.... with frangipani stickers on them. I know that it's a generalisation to lump all frangipani drivers into the same definition but I don't care. I will heed them as signs of danger and stick well away.

2. The Meretricious: Expose something or someone that’s phony, fraudulent or bogus.
Fuel prices. How come I can drive to the coast and pay a whole ten cents less per litre?

3. The Malcontent: Name something you’re unhappy with.
School is back, so I start teaching again this afternoon. I've been doing this for eight years, but every term I freak out that I can't do it. Today is an anxious and nervous day.

4. The Meritorious: Give someone credit for something and name it if you can.
My sister, for spending the entire morning yesterday walking along the beach with me and talking. Those times of catching up are the best.

5. The Mirror: See something good about yourself and name it.
I'm happy.

6. The Make-Believe: Name something you wish for.
The ability to be in two places at once. I feel like I have been in two places mentally for the past week, so I don't think it's much of a step to be there physically.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your happy.

Anonymous said...

My Oz hopping sis (just back from many months there) told me about the instant coffee thing there. I need the brewed stuff... and it has to be strong and black. But yes, need coffee. Anyone who doesn't is suspect. ;-)

Vic said...

Kate: Smiles, babe. I am.

Fracas: I love the brewed stuff, but I'm an impatient snot and I need coffee... now. That's the point of instant.

Katherine Buckley said...

Had a ball my mate. Frisbee next time though! K

dive said...

Hey there, Happy!
Good luck at school today.

Vic said...

Kat: You're on.

Dive: Thanks, you're a sweet.

Anonymous said...

Fellow Anti-Frangipanistas

Join the cause and add your comments and photos to

myspace/antiFrangipanistas

Then email me and I'll send you an Anti-Frangipani Sticker.

Would anyone out there put an X rated Fuck Frangipani Sticker on their car?