Tuesday, July 24, 2007

A random text conversation:

Number I've never seen before: Hi mate, hope all is well. Have now been in [-] for 9 months, gone fast. Will be at [-] with my boyfriend, J-, from 22 Dec. Would like to catch up!

Vic, thinking - Okay? Who has got my number?: I'm a little confused as to who this is?

Random: It's R-!

Vic, thinking - R- from ten years ago at school? How the hell did she get my number?: Holy hell! How you doing?

R-: I am good. Living in [-]. In love with a wonderful man. In watch house on rotation. Like the staff here. You?

Vic: Teaching guitar, working in a fruit shop and occasionally playing in a band. Living in [-]. It's good you're happy mate. What's a watch house?

R-: You joking? What happened to the police?

Vic: Hang on what police?

R-: Oh who is this? Have I sent to the wrong person? Mix up..

Vic: My name is Vic. I went to school with a R- who I haven't heard from for ages... I'm getting the impression it isn't you though. Too funny!

R-: That is funny! I don't know what has happened. I had this number of a girl called Vic who I went through police academy with. Weird!! Bye.

Vic: Wow bizarre coincidence that my name is Vic. Thanks at least for introducing a funny weird amusing element to my day! Take care and enjoy life. -Vic

3 comments:

Terroni said...

Ahh...it's sweet that you ended with "enjoy life."

You're very thoughtful, Vic.

Vic said...

I like to think that the person I had the conversation with got a smile for the rest of the day and is left with a feeling that humanity isn't a waste of time, that a random person can wish her well.

Thanks for your comment, Terroni. It's nice to hear.

Cheers,
Vic

Regina F said...

How strange, so did she never tell you how she got your number?