Monday, December 3, 2007

Monday Melee

Dammit.
It's the Monday Melee.
I have to appear to be intelligent.
Dammit.
I'll have to pretend I haven't spent the entire weekend away, drinking, dancing and generally having a ball.
Dammit.



More about that tomorrow. Hell, possibly the entire week.

1. The Misanthtropic: Name something you absolutely hate.
My neck is a beetroot roasted centre of absolute torture.
The sun was actually out.
I was in it for a long time.
I forgot what that felt like.

2. The Meretricious: Expose something or someone that’s phony, fraudulent or bogus.
Forgive me father, for I have sinned.
I used stock photos from the beggining of the month for Saturday's PhotoHunt post.
I raise my beer in penance.

3. The Malcontent: Name something you’re unhappy with.
Have you ever opened up the cupboard where you've stored the fishing rods and discovered the fishing line has metamorphosed into the rats nest from hell? You know what it means when you discover it? You aren't going fishing this weekend. You give up on the idea with the complete shits.

4. The Meritorious: Give someone credit for something and name it if you can.
My golf buddy from Saturday for putting up with the fact that I hadn't played in over a year and I suck at the game anyway. He patiently watched me take twelve shots to evict myself from a bunker and didn't mind the swearing at all.

5. The Mirror: See something good about yourself and name it.
I don't wear rings unless I have a special meaning for them, and only ever wear one at a time - or none at all, as has been the case mostly.
I like the look of my left ring finger with the ring I bought on it.

6. The Make-Believe: Name something you wish for.
To get past Christmas, where I will be free.

5 comments:

dive said...

Fuck! It's Monday already?
I'm still in the middle of cooking Sunday dinner!
Bugger this spherical earth nonsense. A flat one would be a whole lot easier to cope with.

nina michelle said...

WHY??? are you Aussies always a day ahead of me??? I know, I know... it has something to do with the rotation of the earth right?

;)
neener

nina michelle said...

Oh damn it! I just read dive's response and now instead of looking all clever with my comment I look like a copy cat... humph

I'm clever damn it! I swear!

Vic said...

Dive - No, I'd rather still be cooking dinner on Sunday night, rather than hit Monday early!

Vic said...

Nina - No, it looked like you were being a smartass, which is fine!

Hope your Monday treats you well when it gets there!