Monday, December 10, 2007

Gaydar moments

Gayman has a theory that all dykes walk the same. They have a walk. I can't describe how it's different, but it is. Now, I didn't entirely agree. I still don't, but the idea has merit.

We were both out on a food gathering mission to the local supermarket, driving, when I spotted a girl on the footpath. My immediate thought was she walks like a dyke if ever I saw it... Checking out her face as I went past I confirmed that I knew her and yes indeed she's a dyke. Score one for Gayman.

Last Friday I was taking random roadside pictures of wool bales in another town, dressed in my usual jeans and collect-a-set sports top, when I heard a yell from a car - VIC!! My friend in the car pulled over and let me in on her thought process in idetifying me:

Well that's a dyke if ever I saw one.
That's a dyke with a camera.
I know a dyke with a camera, Vic's a dyke with a camera.
Hang on, that IS Vic.

7 comments:

kelsuperstarsinger said...

How about this one...'You walk like you're a 1/4 BI'
and now he has me.....he just wanted to get my attention! My response to that was....' You walk like you're pregnant!' way way back in July...god he has been pregnant for ages and he's still not showing..I on the otherhand am def NOT pregnant!!

Vic said...

You're not... yet.

nina michelle said...

I would do anything to trip people's gaydar... well thats not true... I won't cut my hair... I am doomed to remain an invisible femme.

Iota said...

Well, I get called a girly dyke (which I laugh at a little... I don't think i'm boiish or girlish) But Gayman has told me I walk like a dyke.
At the moment I walk like a gay man who's been ridden all night.. thanks to our little expedition on saturday that has my thigh muscles tighter than rocks.

Vic said...

Nina - the ones who will matter are the ones who take notice. Don't feel as though you are doomed. - And I'm sure there'll always be gayman to tell you that you walk like a dyke.

Insatiable - I too, am walking like a gay man who has been ridden all night, after our waterfall trek. However, I feel like a fat fat old person because I can barely stand up from a chair without help.

Bunny said...

LOL!

Full said...

If you "feel like a fat fat old person" Vic, go and get yourself one.
If you can't treat yourself at this time of the year, then when can you?