Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Weekend Adventures: Take Two

I talked earlier today about going away beer wenching for some friends in a band on the past weekend. Beer wenching involves me being offical photographer for the band, giving me free roam of whatever function they're at... but mostly I zip about dragging fresh beer back for the guys in the brass section. Not to mention beer for myself in the process. Kind of a one for you, one for me deal.





I've been getting right into taking pictures of musicians. I know music, and I know these people. I've yet to have the opportunity to experiment with musicians that I don't know well - live music is rare in this town. But I will soon, when I leave.



Because the weekend held their last two gigs together, I set about trying to capture as much as I could. I was lying on the floor underneath the snare drum poking my lens up at the drummer for a while, I was hiding behind amps taking perspective shots, hell I was all over the place. I ended up resorting mainly to black and white shots because the colours in the lighting were shifting too quickly. Stupid autoflasher crap. Those things should be banned. Also there was no front lighting - which meant the night was great for silhouettes and profile shots, but not much else.

5 comments:

nina michelle said...

That last one is my favorite! Nice work Vic!

dive said...

Dammit! Stupid Blogger. I can't see the photos, Vic. And when I click on 'em I just get text.
Poo.

Vic said...

I went back and reposted the photos, Dive. Hopefully they will not get eaten again.

Nina, the first is my favourite. I'm damn proud of that shot.

dive said...

Much better now, Vic.
Really cool photos. I agree; the first one is a doozy!

Katherine Buckley said...

They are all good mate. You just keep getting better! Well done.