Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Weekend Adventures

I travelled away to Inverell with a covers band last weekend, not playing this time, but being a beer wench for my mates in the band as well as a photographer. I love the music they play (who could go past Long Train Running with a couple of brass players thrown into the mix?) and I always have a good time watching and knocking back a few beers with them. They're splitting, so the weekend just past held their last two gigs. Not a chance I would miss out on that, with my newly found love of photographing musicians. Okay... as well as indulging my long-standing love affair with beer.

That takes care of the nights. During the day I got a chance to wander around looking for weird stuff.

At a local carnival:



Oooh looky! It's a cheese grater crossed with a Dalek!

And then we have - from the same carnival - drumroll, please... The World's Strongest Plastic Chair!
(The guy owns the carnival, which explains a lot. Imagine far too many years on a diet of Pluto Pups and soggy hot chips.)



I came across a childcare centre's brilliant way to keep the kids out of the shed, and a really cool use for water towers - they were converted into office space for a business.







Oh, and somewhere along the way, I discovered the lure of religion.

And then, on an interesting quest down a side alley:



And yes, I plan to talk about the nights with the band tomorrow.

5 comments:

dive said...

Wow! You have Americans in Australia!
Wonderful photos. Vic. You truly have an eye for the weird.

Vic said...

An eye for the weird...

That is more than likely a reflection on the photographer.

nina michelle said...

I love the shed and the last one! One of my favorite things to do is walk the city with my camera... I need to do it again I think but its getting old and I get cranky when I am cold. (which leads me to wonder why I live in Idaho)

I will look forward to hearing about the rest of your weekend Vic.

oxox

Iota said...

Hehe. Inverell was a regular part of my life for seventen years; it's very interesting to see a fresh perspective of it. I've almost become blind to it myself. Hmm.. I wonder what ally you were wandering down.... Did you find the adult shop, perhaps?

EspressoHead said...

Wow, the picture of the fat guy scared me. I thought my beer gut was bad.