Monday, September 24, 2007

The Monday Melee

It's time already for the Monday Melee. Pigs on the Wing: A Week of Pink Floyd is now officially over and I'm going to go back to being my eclectic, non-themed self for a while.

1. The Misanthropic: Name something you absolutely hate.
Being scared that I will have to face an angry boss after calling in sick twice in a row with a busted shoulder. I shouldn't be scared, because that boss should not be angry. I busted it at work, after all, and it needs time to heal.

2. The Meretricious: Expose something or someone that’s phony, fraudulent or bogus.
The massage I had on Saturday morning to ease my shoulder pain. It unleashed more, leaving me in delirious agony for most of Saturday night.

3. The Malcontent: Name something you’re unhappy with.
Living in a share house. I love my housemates to pieces, and mostly I value that social life of being around people. But... I want peace, quiet, alone time. A space where I could have sex and not have to deal with the fact that everyone is going to know about it. A space where the only person responsible for the mess is me. A space where I can sleep with the door open even if I'm sleeping naked. A space where I can get up at three in the morning and play guitar if I like because I don't have to be considerate to anybody.

4. The Meritorious: Give someone credit and name it if you can.
Kel, the fabulous singer I've worked with for years in the context of a band. We sat on the back porch during Cruiseydyke's birthday bash yesterday and played and bunch of tunes, just me on an acoustic and her belting it out vocally. We communicate really well and lately we've been mucking about playing different takes on the standard songs just for fun. It never comes out the same way twice but more often than not we end up with a great version. Try Alanis Morissette's You Oughta Know as a tango. It's great.

5. The Mirror: See something good about yourself and name it.
I make a kick-arse pasta salad. No two that I make are ever the same. It's usually an on-the-fly surprise chef job - those are actually the best. Yesterday's barbecue concoction featured leftover bacon and garlic, with the last of the capsicum and hard boiled eggs. Simple stuff. And it kicked arse.

6. The Make-Believe: Name something you wish for.
The end of this week to roll on, so that I can have two weeks of holidays from teaching. It's been a long term and I'll be glad for the break.

2 comments:

dive said...

You've made me suddenly glad I live alone, Vic.
And late night jams are great. It makes me feel sorry for non-musicians who get to sit in front of the TV instead.

Hope the shoulder gets better soon.

Terroni said...

Yum...I love pasta salad!
Do you ship?