Monday, August 20, 2007

The Monday Melee: Melee In Rhyme Day

It's another little twist to the Monday Melee, this time devised by fracas. Next week is the Movie Melee...

1. The Misanthropic: Name something you absolutely hate.
A blind agony
a hatred
All this pain entrenched in me
resolution unstated

I will be okay
it's only fear
Just,... it leads my mind into a melee
where answers, behaviours, are unclear



2. The Meretricious: Expose something or someone that’s phony, fraudulent or bogus.
Centrelink, the awful bastards!
Take your tax cheque before you see it!
A right and royal bunch of fucktards!
I like them not one little bit!


3. The Malcontent: Name something you’re unhappy with.
Fingers of cold eating into the soul
No inclination to move
No inclination to create
No inclination to groove
this icy beautiful hole is taking a toll.

Unhealthy mind, body and thoughts
Need to be
Need to laugh
Need to see
without the sun it's a battle hard fought.


4. The Meritorious: Give someone credit for something and name it if you can.
I found him in a corner
This hidden gem guitar
I named him for her

Lavished care and attention on this love
I feel him purr against my chest
This instrument has opened up with my attention
From my heart I give it my best


5. The Mirror: See something good about yourself and name it.
Groover.
You can't help but be a mover.


6. The Make-Believe: Name something you wish for.
Giggles and outright laughter
Tenderness and desire
More than a moment with her

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. this one was a bitch.

dive said...

Wow! A rhyming melee.
Dammit! That means I'm going to have to give it a go.

And the way a guitar purrs against your chest and vibrates right through you is one of the best things about being alive.

Keep moving and grooving, Vic.

Vic said...

Kate, I completely agree.

Vic said...

Dive, I agree. Though sitting on a bass amp playing a lower string with octave below doubling is pretty delicious....

dive said...

Good, good, good, good vibrations …

Scout said...

OK, now I kind of wish I played the guitar.

The whole thing is great, but #4 really got my attention.

Anonymous said...

You and Kate totally blew me away with yours. Holy frac. I said that at Kate's but couldn't help saying it again.

Awesome.

And though I don't mind if you do the movie one next week, I'd set the date for that one to be September 3, mainly because I thought I was going to be traveling on the 27th. The altered Melee image for the Rhyme one is up so go ahead and swipe it if you want to.

But again... Bravo to you and Kate. I'll have to keep reading blogs to see how many other people totally outdid mine too!