Saturday, August 11, 2007

Fuck you, world. I'm Staying Home.

I phoned my occasional coffee buddy. She's at work.

I phoned my occasional golf buddies. They appear to be away or still asleep.

I did have plans to be sitting in a mate's B-Double truck carting chook feed right about now, spending time and being excited about how high off the ground I was, but those plans didn't work out.

As for the housemates, CruiseyDyke is at work, Gayman is asleep probably until late afternoon and IcePick has been so sporadic as a weekend housemate recently that I fear he's moved out without letting us know.

I could walk to town. I could drive the new bomb car somewhere random. I could go and poke sticks through the cage bars at the people doing a battery hen protest in the main street.

But instead... FUCK YOU, WORLD. I'm staying home.

I will read about you from the comfort of a beanbag in the sun on my loungeroom floor. I will drink coffee all day and play guitar. And if the entire day passes without me leaving the house... I will be a happy non-gender-specific individual.

4 comments:

dive said...

You will NOT drink coffee all day, Groover.
Today is International Drunk Blogging Day.
You will spend the day killing off brain cells and writing about it.

There's a link to my last Drunk Blogging Day in my latest post. Read it if you want to know just how awful you will feel in a few hours time.

Then go for it, and good luck!

Vic said...

Dive, I'm about to leave the house and get cigarettes. Then it will be Drunk Blogging with a vengeance.

I've been playing guitar pretty much non-stop since I posted at 10am. It's now 5:30pm. It's been fun, but a thin viel over the fact that I feel like shit. Ho hum.

I read your post on NaDruBloDa when you first did it, in fact I believe it's where I came across you in the first place. I didn't comment straight away (it was the Tate post, I looked), I think mainly because I was absolutely blown away by your community of commenting friends.

Taz said...

=) Can't wait for the drunken posts mate. I'm going to a friend's dinner party and will begin drinking shortly. =) Cheers for the idea.

Hope you're feeling better soon =)

Vic said...

Taz, it's gonna be fun. I'm going out about nine, I think. But mainly it will be at home, drinking. Situation normal for a weekend!

Cheers mate!