Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Do you need 237 reasons?

This morning I read an article about a study that found there were 237 reasons that people have sex.

Here's the first little snippet:

Many scientists assume people have sex for simple and straightforward reasons such as to experience sexual pleasure or to reproduce, but new research at The University of Texas at Austin reveals hundreds of varied and complex motivations that range from the spiritual to the vengeful.

After conducting one of the most comprehensive studies on why people have sex, psychology researchers David Buss and Cindy Meston uncovered 237 motivations, which appear in the August issue of Archives of Sexual Behavior.

People’s motivations ranged from the mundane (“I was bored”) to...


Well. A while back I did the 8 things meme. And my number eight thing that I revealed about myself is that when I get bored, I get horny*. It's just interesting that the first reason quoted in the article is the same.

*[And the disclaimer: Being bored is not my primary reason for sex. However it is the primary thing I choose to occupy my thoughts with when bored.]

2 comments:

dive said...

How boring.

Anonymous said...

i don't need any reason. Sex is just a payment for affection.