Monday, January 1, 2007

A Total Shambles

How did NYE go?

1. Drank far too much.

2. Made a very bad, drunk move on Z. Got abused for it. Tried to walk home after feeling very humiliated and in a way totally unbeknownst to me ended up doing a full circle back to the original pub. One minute I was walking home, the next I looked up and clearly thought "Hello? Another one?" But it was the same one. Copped another round from Z.


How did NYD go?

1. Text message from co-worker at 7:30 in the morning. It's like once these people have children they forget what sleeping in is all about.

2. Completely abused body wouldn't let me get out of until after ten, and then that was far too early. Tossing and turning thinking what a mess I made and how I'm not actually sure what went down, but pretty sure that any sort of friendship I had just got ruined.

3. A phone call from Z to see if I got home okay. What the hell? So I say sorry and she says not to apologise. Again, what the hell?

4. Ate Black Eyed Peas and hoped to feel better tomorrow.


The usual: Resolutions

1. Don't necessarily drink less, but binge less.

2. Become more self-sufficient. Start home brewing and set up the garden to be a viable thing. Reduce the cost of living a bit.

3. Spend some of the money saved playing more pool.

4. Have more sex than last year.

3 comments:

Vic said...

Let's say my solo act is coming along fine.

Depressing huh?


As for the other resolutions - I'm purining the garden this weekend and investigating chickens.

Started to get the home brew gear happening as well.


It'll all start happening one day soon.

Anonymous said...

Chickens? Th' Cap'n has chickens an' ducks...an' assorted other type menagerie.

As for home brew, try some button ale on me!

Vic said...

Cap'n, good t'hear from ye!

I'm first going to try my hand at a little apricot wine as well as a nice dark ale.

But mixin' a bit o' cinnamon an' sugar into me ale sounds a fine idea...