Thursday, January 25, 2007

List for the future:

1. Organize the teaching studio - this weekend - like most work spaces this gets progressively worse until the major clean-up happens. Then there's a few weeks of ultra-organised bliss followed by a long, slow downhill run. Repeat cycle.

2. Plan and start the vege garden - this evening, continuing into next week, ongoing - it's time to implement the semi-self-sufficiency plan. I no longer get paid to work with vegetables, entitling me to a discount, so I need to make them very cheap.

3. Get the drum kit fixed up - near future, temper and expertise permitting - I have a kit minus cymbals on extended loan from a friend who doesn't have the space to store it. This friend is also the drummer in the City Band, where I play percussion. He's recently undergone medical nastiness and two other percussionists have gone AWOL - leaving me and a boy who hardly comes up to my elbow as the only contenders. He and I both started playing percussion last year, but I think he's a little small to reach all the bits on the kit yet, so this drum kit parts have fallen to me. Crap! I need something to practise on.

4. Start posting my compositions - this month - mostly they're student-oriented, and I'm a bit nervous to put them up for judgement, but I'll get over it. Just need to write more and record them.

5. Build a wood-fired pizza oven - long term, before October - the aim is to have a pizza party in October, where everyone has to bring a weird topping along. Then they can mix and match and cook their own. By then there should be plenty of home brew to go with it.

No comments: