Monday, January 22, 2007

Glorious day, take two

Back at Byron Bay for the afternoon. The surf was crap near the shore and really big out back, so I didn't have a go on the board again. Had a go yesterday and got creamed. Not only did I get creamed, but I scored a suspected blue bottle sting across my belly which ended the session pretty abruptly for me. Caught some beauties today just bodysurfing, though. Cleared the sinuses again, but it didn't burn so much this time. Maybe the nostrils are getting immune to it.

After a fair thrashing in the water, I decided that rather than spend my whole time alternating between lying on the beach sopping it up and battling whatever the waves wanted to throw at me, I should do some in between stuff. We hadn't brought the frisbee, so I turned to a bit of sand doodling. What started as a large scribble turned into a mass excavation, and well over an hour later I was finally done. A few kids had taken up the idea as well and a mermaid had popped up near the shoreline, as well as one girl with a mass amount of sand sketches - if she went on the excavation run she would have been there for days.




In hindsight, I should have faced the entire project the other way - just so it's the right way up in this photo.

4 comments:

dive said...

That is so cool!
I hope it turns up on the next update of Google Earth.

Vic said...

Somehow I think the tide might have been against me there! That would be cool, though...

Northern_Girl said...

Wow - a day at the beach looks fabulous. And here? An inch of snow predicted.

More beach pictures, please.

Vic said...

Sadly, northern_girl, I left the coast today to head home for my tablelands spot of drought and dead grass...

It's still hot though.