Thursday, January 11, 2007

Best Lesbian Blog Awards!

The folks at The Lebian Lifestyle are taking nominations for the first annual best lesbian blog awards. Nominations close at the end of this month, and voting begins on the 2nd of February.

I'm planning to watch this closely. I think it's a good way to find other like-minded people (blog-minded?) out there, get informed, have a laugh or a few and also a chance to get in and be supportive of each other as a community.

This makes me think about what kind of blog I like. It varies - and I can't guarantee that my preferences won't drastically change in the future - but for now, the blogger has to exert a strong personality over their blog. I'm not hugely into political activism, unless it's humorous or informative. I like rants if they're well written. I like posts about the random bits of oddness people come across. I like thoughts and personal frustrations. I like lists because they say something about the blogger's personality.

As a blogger I aim to express a small portion of my life in words and pictures. Whatever I post is at least attempting to be a good expression of myself, rather than a censored and crafted projection of something I think that others will like. I'd prefer to know that those reading my posts regularly get an appreciation for me as the person I am.

Hope that makes sense.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darlin' Vic, thankee for th'nomination, Sweets. I'll save a silver tankard in th'galley for ye with me own signature button ale.

Vic said...

Cheers, Cap'n. Yer most welcome.

Anonymous said...

wallpapers

spgx j ? wz 61