Monday, January 15, 2007

A long two weeks...

Been at the parents' house less than 12 hours (including seven of that asleep) and already dad is giving me the cranks. He has a worse temper than I do and doesn't seem to bother even trying to control it.

Since I have no income at the moment, I'm doing yard work and odd jobs for them to earn some cash. This seems like I'm ripping them off - daughterly duty to help and all that - but I was actually planning to find some fruit picking work while I was over here, and they talked me out of it. They'd rather pay to have me around. They don't realise that I need to find at least twenty hours work for them to pay my rent for the next two weeks. Preferably thirty. Ha.

So today is lawn mowing and garden work. Thank goodness it's cloudy.

3 comments:

Sassy Sundry said...

Sigh... Parents are interesting, aren't they?

Link recriprocated, by the way.

Vic said...

Cheers for the link! I like your writing. I read your blog regularly but I'm a bit of a lurker...

How do you tell if someone is linking to you? Is there an easy way that you know of?

Sassy Sundry said...

If you sign up for Technorati, you can get the info.

Thanks for the compliment. I like your writing too.