Thursday, January 25, 2007

Stories of today: I

My sister finally gets the replacement keys for her hire car.


The story goes like this:

Family Christmas was postponed so that Sis and Sis's husband SurfMan would be able to join mum, dad and myself as a stop on their abridged world tour. So Sis and SurfMan hire a car when they hit the country so they can go surfing in the mornings and also get away when Mr. Easily Angered Parent raises his ugly head...

So Sis and SurfMan go to the beach and the keys to the hire car end up in the surf. On a Friday. After many, many phone calls they organise for overnight delivery of replacement keys on Monday - if they gor it AirExpress on the weekend it was going to be something like $150 compared to $22. Then the parcel gets lost. Nightmare.

It was a nice little car until it got stuck in the parking lot of a secluded beach for four nights. Luckily it isn't damaged by vandals.


Moral: Rather than saying "Remind me to remove the keys from the pocket of my board shorts" do it while you're thinking about it.

Addendum to Moral: Upon hearing "Remind me to ...", make sure the atsk is immediately taken care of....

No comments: