Monday, January 28, 2008

Wide Brown Land


Today saw me embark on an eleven hour drive that still did not get me to my destination. I was driving along, right foot cramping so much that I swapped and used the other foot for a while - when I realised something was different. What the hell is going on? I thought. The white line was still flashing by but something was very different. Holy shit - I'm ging uphill! There weren't many of those on the drive.


At a little place with about four houses and a railway crossing:




It appears the crossing may have taken a few casualties:



Look through the bug road toll on the windscreen and it seems that Dive's mates from Pommyland have come and influenced an entire shire with their cooking.



Yep. There really is bugger all out here.

8 comments:

dive said...

Wow, Vic.
People actually LIVE there?
Weird.
That looks like a good place to find inbred rednecks and alien abductees.
And far more practitioners of bestiality than of lesbianism.

Love the Bland joke. Hee hee.

Vic said...

In between vast area of dirt and highway and the occasional tree, it appears that people do live out here.

I'll stay away from the bestiality, thanks. The lesbianism will be pretty hard to come by, but I've got my eyes set on one person only at the moment,so it won't be of much consequence.

dive said...

A one woman woman …
I feel a country song coming on.

nina michelle said...

jesus vic you are driving on the wrong side of the road!!! no wonder the white line looked weird! bloody freakin' hell...you aussies!

oxox
neen

Vic said...

Dive - If the Dixie Chicks'll do it I'll sing along.

Nina - I knew you lot were backwards. Actually, I frequently was on the wrong side of the road yesterday - I pay my taxes for both sides of the road, so I'll use them.

Terroni said...

I don't know about you, but I sure am enjoying your travels.

Ms. Avarice said...

Come see The VLA, my dear. It's majestic. I've been there. It's so far out in the middle of nowhere, the nearest gas station is thirty minutes away.

Scout said...

The hubcap shot is absolutely beautiful!