Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Fucking Americans!

Today I was rudely ripped off by the good ol' yanks. I could have played the world's biggest playable guitar. But no. I got to play the biggest playable guitar in the southern hemishpere, because some yank went and built a bigger one. Typical.

It's 5.82 metres long (no, you can't have that in feet, yanks, you've already beaten it anyway), 2.019 metres wide and the length of the strings to the bridge is 3.98 metres. I think the people of Nerrandera, where it is kept, are a little embarrassed by it now, because they don't seem to care for it very well. The neck is propped up on a filing cabinet and it's chocked up by a couple of bricks at the back end. The poor thing is in dire need of tuning.

I had a go anyway.

3 comments:

dive said...

Hokay … No size-ist jokes here, Vic.
I'll bet that was a bastard to get a decent finger vibrato on.

nina michelle said...

*That's one lucky guitar*



signed,
fucking american


;-)
neen

Scout said...

Yes, well, we American must have the biggest of everything. Is our giant guitar in Nashville, by any chance?