Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Getting back into the Groove

I came to Kate’s river to spend some time letting go of my past life in a town I essentially grew up in. To connect with myself again. I’ve been playing music, writing music and feeling music. I got my groove back. It’s been absent for quite a while – since I started to feel squashed by surroundings and for long periods before that as well.

The Groover is an integral part of my personality. If there’s music, I’m most likely grooving to it. That is, if I’m happy. Happy tends to be accompanied by an internal groove track that only I can hear– usually something similar to John Scofield’s Over Big Top or Hercules from Aaron Neville- and the groove defines the way I walk and move, because you might not be able to tell but I’m dancing. Watch my fingers and they’ll be moving. Watch my head. It will hint at a beat, or possibly my shoulders will. If my hands are not busy doing something, they will probably be drumming on my thighs. I won’t be standing still at all.

I don’t know which is better:
I’m grooving because I’m happy
or
I’m happy because I’m grooving

I think it’s a bit of both.

5 comments:

Iota said...

Either way it's good to hear. :)

EspressoHead said...

I like this bit.

"Watch my fingers and they’ll be moving. Watch my head. It will hint at a beat, or possibly my shoulders will. If my hands are not busy doing something, they will probably be drumming on my thighs. I won’t be standing still at all."



Your preceding explanation of your happiness reminds me of something...

Oh yes, that’s right; my sister's caffiene addiction.

Hehe just jokes. Really really glad to hear you're happy! woot

Full said...

Vic, You groove, therefore you are.

I got Albert Collins in the background just now, thats a nice beat to have in your head.

dive said...

That's the best news I've heard in ages.

nina michelle said...

"you might not be able to tell but I’m dancing."

you also dance inside our hearts vic...