Sunday, July 20, 2008

Project Black #1

Ten days ago Anna started Project Black. Somewhere between going on road trips to the Blue Mountains and work and generally having my head up my arse, I missed the entire thing. I thought Dammit, Vic. You missed another opportunity to push yourself. But did I really? I'm late with it, but this is the net after all. I can publish what the hell I want whenever I want. There are no rules and that's why I love blogging so damn much.



Black: the absence of colour. The muso uniform. I look around the space I am in and immediately I see muso paraphernalia staring at me. Amplifiers, cases, accessories. Even my folders of music are black. You get so used to it in music that diversions from this are unusual and interesting. For that reason I love my red classical guitar case. It's falling apart and is essentially pretty tragic, (especially when you see the yellow plush lining inside), but hell does it stand out.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful photo -- better late than never!

Leora said...

Glad you joined in. Enjoyed the shade of red amongst that black.

Terroni said...

you have an eye, friend.

Vic said...

freedomgirl - Thankyou very much.

Leora - The red breaks up the picture, I agree.

Terroni - In fact... I have two. :)