Monday, July 7, 2008

Apathetic Emo

I've had this recurring image lately. It comes in various forms but with the same theme, and occurs mostly when my mind is unoccupied by other goings on such as work or listening to different music. The image: my feet, tied together with rope bindings. Within this image I don't struggle against the binds. I am comfortable knowing that my feet are bound, in fact I'm quite happy to be that way.

There has been some talk kicking about the house of photo shoots of cut skin, and blood. Internally I am screaming Pick Me! for these shots. The weird thing in this, though, is that I do not want to harm myself, especially in the emo cutting type of way. I want to be surgically sliced into by somebody else.

I can't figure it out. There is no sexual motivation behind it. So what the hell is driving this imagery? Am I an apathetic emo, too lazy to do my own cutting?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A most interestin' query that, Me Groover. Methinks ye merely want t'be knowin' yer Self.

Iota said...

Vic, your imagery is personal and it could mean anything - that's for you to figure out if you want. I had a very similar thing for many years... (which did result in a few discreet self-induced injuries)... finally worked out that, as Capn Dyke said, I just wanted to know who i was - or more to the point, what was wrong with me. I couldn't figure it out for myself and I wanted someone to metaphorically cut open my mind, heart and anything else that would tell them who i was and why... and then diagnose me so I could fix it... Anyways, there's a ramble for you.. it's just what I thought of instantly.